728x90 AdSpace

Latest News

Thursday 14 April 2016

Terry backing youngster"


Chelsea captain John Terry is backing youngster Jake Clarke-Salter to step up to the first team in the future and take his place.
Terry is a former graduate of the club's youth academy and he hopes the highly-rated Clarke-Salter can follow in his footsteps at Stamford Bridge.

The 18-year-old made his professional debut in the victory over Aston villa earlier this month and Terry believes he has what it takes to earn more game-time in the future.

The Blues skipper is out of contract at the end of the campaign and he admitted he is hopeful the youngster will eventually take his place.

Terry said: "Jake has a great attitude. I remember watching him a couple of years ago being in control of the game and a really vocal player. He reminds me a bit of myself.

"He is doing great and I hope he goes on to take my position and get in the first team. It was great for him to make his debut. I was disappointed I wasn't there to support him because I missed the game [through injury]. But watching it from home, I was delighted.

  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Terry backing youngster" Description: Rating: 5 Reviewed By: James Nguuma Kase
Scroll to Top