Competition: English Premier League
Venue: Stamford Bridge
Referee: Craig Pawson
This season G27, Y88, R2, 3.41 cards per game
Chelsea’s Premier League record: P37– W12– D13– L12
Leicester’s Premier League record: P37– W23– D11– L3
Chelsea’s Recent form (All competitions): LLWDLD
Leicester’s Recent form (All competitions): WWDWDW
What managers say:
Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink: “When they asked me (to take over on an interim basis), I didn’t think much to say yes or no, because of my affection for the club.
“Of course, I would’ve loved to go to the FA Cup final, to go to at least one or two more rounds of the Champions League, but we could not fulfil that.
“In general I’m happy with this last half year. I did it with a lot of joy.”
Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri on his return to Stamford Bridge:“It’s amazing. I have been there with Juventus in the Champions League but this time it is different because I am manager of Leicester, another English club.
“It is emotional. I hope my older fans are happy with me. Now I came back as a champion. It’s a good story.”
Chelsea’s Confirmed Line-up:Courtois; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ivanovic (c), Baba Rahman; Fabregas, Matic; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Traore.
Subs from Begovic, Tomori, Loftus-Cheek, Kenedy, Oscar, Pato, Abraham.
Injured Costa (hamstring, Jun), Rémy (groin, Aug), Zouma (knee, Oct)
Suspended Terry (second of two)
Discipline Y59 R5
Leading scorer Costa 12
Venue: Stamford Bridge
Referee: Craig Pawson
This season G27, Y88, R2, 3.41 cards per game
Chelsea’s Premier League record: P37– W12– D13– L12
Leicester’s Premier League record: P37– W23– D11– L3
Chelsea’s Recent form (All competitions): LLWDLD
Leicester’s Recent form (All competitions): WWDWDW
What managers say:
Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink: “When they asked me (to take over on an interim basis), I didn’t think much to say yes or no, because of my affection for the club.
“Of course, I would’ve loved to go to the FA Cup final, to go to at least one or two more rounds of the Champions League, but we could not fulfil that.
“In general I’m happy with this last half year. I did it with a lot of joy.”
Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri on his return to Stamford Bridge:“It’s amazing. I have been there with Juventus in the Champions League but this time it is different because I am manager of Leicester, another English club.
“It is emotional. I hope my older fans are happy with me. Now I came back as a champion. It’s a good story.”
Chelsea’s Confirmed Line-up:Courtois; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ivanovic (c), Baba Rahman; Fabregas, Matic; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Traore.
Subs from Begovic, Tomori, Loftus-Cheek, Kenedy, Oscar, Pato, Abraham.
Injured Costa (hamstring, Jun), Rémy (groin, Aug), Zouma (knee, Oct)
Suspended Terry (second of two)
Discipline Y59 R5
Leading scorer Costa 12
Leicester City’s Line Up: Schmeichel; Simpson, Wasilewski, Morgan, Fuchs; Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy
Subs from Schwarzer, Hamer, Chilwell, Inler, Albrighton, King, Gray, Amartey, James, Dyer, Ulloa, Dodoo, Moore
Injured None
Suspended Huth (second of three)
Discipline Y51 R3
Leading scorer Vardy 24
Subs from Schwarzer, Hamer, Chilwell, Inler, Albrighton, King, Gray, Amartey, James, Dyer, Ulloa, Dodoo, Moore
Injured None
Suspended Huth (second of three)
Discipline Y51 R3
Leading scorer Vardy 24
Opta Stats:
- Chelsea had won six straight league games against Leicester City before the Foxes’ 2-1 win back in December.
- However, Chelsea have won just five Premier League games at home this season, against the bottom four and Arsenal.
- The Blues have gone 11 Premier League matches at Stamford Bridge without a clean sheet.
- Chelsea have played at home on the final day more than any other team in Premier League history (15 times W11 D2 L2).
- Leicester, meanwhile, have lost only two of their last 21 Premier League away games (W13 D6 L2).
- The Foxes will end the season with the most points away from home in the Premier League this season (38 currently).
- The Foxes have played seven away matches on the final day of a Premier League campaign, winning just one (W1 D1 L5).
- Leicester have equalled the record for penalties won in a single Premier League season (13), set by Crystal Palace in 2004-05.
- Claudio Ranieri can register his 100th Premier League win in this game (W99 D48 L36), thus becoming the 18th manager to hit that milestone in the competition.
- If Wes Morgan plays the full 90 minutes in this game he’ll become only the third outfield player to play every minute of a Premier League title-winning season (after Gary Pallister in 92-93 and John Terry in 14-15).

0 comments:
Post a Comment