728x90 AdSpace

Latest News

Sunday 3 July 2016

Official: Chelsea complete signing of highly-coveted Marseille forward


Chelsea have completed the signing of highly-rated striker Michy Batshuayi from Marseille, the club has confirmed.

The 22-year-old Belgian international has penned a five-year deal with the west London giants after joining for an undisclosed fee, becoming the first signing under Antonio Conte.

Batshuayi scored 13 Ligue 1 goals last season in what was a difficult season for Marseille, who finished 13th in the standings, and it was always likely that he would leave French football this summer. However, Chelsea’s interest came very late.

In the end though, the Blues were successful in their move and he becomes the third Belgian in the squad. Speaking to the club’s official website, Batshuayi said:
    “I am delighted to sign for one of the biggest clubs in Europe and embark on the next chapter in my career. I hope I can help Chelsea win many trophies during my time at Stamford Bridge.”

    “Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois have told me many good things about the club, and with Antonio Conte coming in it’s an exciting time to become a Chelsea player.”

    “This is a fantastic opportunity for myself and my family, I am looking forward to playing in the Premier League next season.”
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Official: Chelsea complete signing of highly-coveted Marseille forward Description: Rating: 5 Reviewed By: James Nguuma Kase
Scroll to Top